Formal assessment through individual testing is conducted to learn more about a person’s cognitive abilities and academic skills as well as to gain understanding of mood and personality. We work with clients from preschool age through adult. Our experienced psychologists and diagnosticians tailor the assessment to fit the needs of each individual. For more information or to schedule an evaluation, call one of our staff members who provide testing or call Kathy Nitz at 202-686-7699 ext. 24.
- Comprehensive Neuropsychological Evaluations: We use a broad range of cognitive and neuropsychological tests to evaluate abilities important to learning. These include: higher reasoning, language skills, auditory and visual processing, visual-motor skill, memory, attention and executive functioning.
- Psycho-Educational Testing: Our psychologists and diagnosticians have experience consulting in schools. We use formal and informal achievement testing in combination with cognitive and neuropsychological assessment to clarify the nature of problems with learning.
- Social and Emotional Assessments: Our psychologists use interviews, questionnaires and projective techniques to better understand a client’s emotional functioning and personality when there are concerns about social-emotional factors.
- Early Childhood Evaluations: We work with parents and preschool teachers to design evaluations to answer questions about social-emotional, cognitive and neuropsychological development in young children.
- School Admissions Testing
Our testing process can include:
- Interview with parents and/or client: We obtain background information about the client’s medical and developmental history and current strengths, needs and concerns.
- School observation/consultation: With the parents or client’s permission, we gather information from school records and from current teachers through phone consultation and questionnaires. Classroom observations sometimes are helpful in this process. We follow up with school staff as needed.
- Individually administered tests: Each evaluation consists of several sessions of one-to-one testing, arranged to obtain optimal performance.
- Interpretive conference: When the testing is completed, we meet with parents and/or the client to discuss results and recommendations.
- Comprehensive written report: Our detailed written reports include assessment results, analysis and recommendations to help the individual understand and utilize strengths, compensate for weaknesses and realize potential. We strive to capture the unique profile and needs of each client.
Payment for Services
We are not within-network for any managed care companies, and we are not Medicare providers. If you choose to pursue reimbursement for out-of-network providers, please keep in mind that any reimbursement should be directed to you, as we do not accept checks from insurance companies.